Σάββατο 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

B-Day




Then came the churches then came the schools
Then came the lawyers then came the rules
Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
And the dirty old track was the telegraph road 

......

Then came the mines - then came the ore
Then there was the hard times then there was a war
Telegraph sang a song about the world outside
Telegraph road got so deep and so wide
Like a rolling river. . .  

.......

I used to like to go to work but they shut it down
I got a right to go to work but there's no work here to be found
Yes and they say we're gonna have to pay what's owed
We're gonna have to reap from some seed that's been sowed 

.......

'cos I've run every red light on memory lane
I've seen desperation explode into flames
And I don't want to see it again. . .
From all of these signs saying sorry but we're closed
All the way down the telegraph road...